Your organization received its 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the IRS – now what?
Legal Issues for New Nonprofits is an eight-part webinar series that provides general legal information for operating a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit corporation. These webinars explain many rules and best practices that will help you lead your organization and maintain its tax-exempt status, including:
- governance, fundraising, and record-keeping requirements;
- compliance with employment laws;
- protection of your organization’s trademarks and copyrights;
- financial oversight by the Board of Directors; and
- risk management essentials to protect your organization and clients.
While geared towards new nonprofits, the webinars will also help smaller nonprofits with limited access to legal resources.
Legal Issues for New Nonprofits is a joint effort of the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program, Pro Bono Partnership, and Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, members of the National Network of Business Law Pro Bono Providers.
Financial support for Pro Bono Partnership’s involvement in this project was provided by the JPMorgan Chase Foundation.View Webinar Series