PLEASE NOTE: This application is for organizations that have already incorporated in CT, NJ, or NY and received 501(c)(3) recognition from the IRS and have not yet received legal assistance from Pro Bono Partnership. If you are an organization seeking to incorporate and/or apply for 501(c)(3) status, please visit our page for Emerging Nonprofits.
Pro Bono Partnership assists qualifying nonprofit organizations in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York (primarily the Lower Hudson Valley and Long Island) with their business legal needs. The nonprofits must primarily serve the communities within these three states. We do not assist nonprofits that are primarily focused on serving communities outside of the tristate region, even if the nonprofits are located in our service area.
Pro Bono Partnership does not assist individuals, houses of worship, or for-profit organizations.
If the Partnership determines that we can help your nonprofit, there will be a non-refundable administrative fee, as follows: $325 if its annual budget is under $100,000, or $595 if its annual budget is $100,000 or more.
The procedures set forth on this web page and the administrative fees are subject to revision in the future.
Any information that you submit via this form or by mail or fax is not protected by the attorney-client privilege. Submitting a request for legal assistance to Pro Bono Partnership is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Greater Hartford Area
Is your nonprofit is located in the Greater Hartford area with a revenue less than $300,000? The Nonprofit Support Program may be of extra help to you.
Prior to applying for legal assistance, please make sure you have gathered and completed all of the following Required Documents for existing organizations:
- Certificate of Incorporation (sometimes referred to as Articles of Incorporation) and any amendments to it. If you have the copy that is stamped “Filed” with the state of incorporation, please send us that version.
- IRS tax determination letter
- List of board members and officers, including their titles and affiliations (that is, the names of their employers)
- Bylaws in Word format
- Last Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N filed with the IRS
- Form 1023 or Form 1023-EZ (Application for 501(c)(3) tax exemption filed with IRS)
- Any other organizational information that might be helpful to us (brochures, annual reports, program description, etc.)
- If you need assistance with a specific document (e.g., the review of a lease or an employee handbook), please submit that document with your application. Your request WILL NOT be processed until we have received it.
If you can’t locate some of these documents, please submit the completed form with all of the documents you currently have.
Please complete the form below and submit.
Immediately after completing Step 2, please email all required documents to email@example.com or fax or mail all required documents to your local Pro Bono Partnership office. Your application WILL NOT be processed until we have received them.
Please note that our email server will not accept emails that have attachments that collectively exceed 9 MB in size. If your attachment(s) exceeds 9 MB, you will need to send us two or more emails. In the final email that you send us, please indicate how many emails in total that you sent us.
Please do not scan all of the requested documents as one PDF. Please submit each of the requested documents as a separate document.
Fields that are marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in.