Date: March 28, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM ET
Location: Miller Business Resource Center, Middle Country Public Library, 101 Eastwood Blvd, Centereach, NY 11720
Speaker(s) name & organization: Maurice Segall. Esq. and Melissa B. Greenberger, Esq., Pro Bono Partnership and Lenny Buchholz, LI Chapter of SCORE
Thinking about starting a nonprofit? Confused about where to begin? This free presentation will help you decide whether becoming a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization is the best choice for you and provide you with the basics for creating a business plan.
Topics Will Include
- Questions to ask yourself before forming a new nonprofit
- The need for creating a business plan and what should be included in it
- The benefits and responsibilities of nonprofit tax-exempt status
- The process of incorporating and applying for tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (including a brief discussion of the new Form 1023-EZ)
- The legal responsibilities of a nonprofit board
- Alternatives to consider, including fiscal sponsorship
Maurice Segall. Esq., Program Director for NY & Fairfield County, CT, Pro Bono Partnership
Melissa B. Greenberger, Esq., Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
Lenny Buchholz, Chapter Chair, LI Chapter of SCORE
In order to register for this workshop, please click here.