Date: September 21, 2016
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
Speaker(s) name & organization: Maurice K. Segall, Esq. and Courtney Darts, Esq., Pro Bono Partnership
Thinking about starting a nonprofit? Confused about where to begin? This free webinar will help you decide whether becoming a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization is the best choice for you.
Our speakers will discuss:
- Questions to ask yourself before forming a new nonprofit
- The benefits and responsibilities of nonprofit tax-exempt status
- The process of incorporating and applying for tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (including a brief discussion of the new Form 1023-EZ)
- The legal responsibilities of a nonprofit board
- Alternatives to consider, including fiscal sponsorship
Registration closes on Monday, September 19. Webinar information will be sent to the email address provided during registration on or before September 19. Please do not hit back or refresh during the registration process. Please contact Kate Marchese at (973) 240-6955 before resubmitting a registration if you receive an error message.
We have closed registration as we have reached maximum capacity for the webinar. This webinar will be uploaded to our website and available for viewings in the future.