Date: May 6, 2019
Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM ET
Location: Syosset Public Library, 225 S Oyster Bay Rd, Syosset, NY 11791
Speaker(s) name & organization: Melissa B. Greenberger, Esq., Pro Bono Partnership and Lenny Buchholtz, LI Chapter of SCORE
Thinking about starting a nonprofit? Confused about where to begin?
Representatives from Pro Bono Partnership and the LI Chapter of SCORE will provide information to help attendees decide whether becoming a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization is their best choice.
Topics Will Include
- The need for a business plan and what should be included
- Benefits and responsibilities of nonprofit tax-exempt status
- Incorporating and applying for tax exemption
- Legal responsibilities of a nonprofit board
- Alternatives to consider, including fiscal sponsorship
Melissa B. Greenberger, Esq., Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
Lenny Buchholtz, Chapter Chair, LI Chapter of SCORE
This workshop is free and open to the public although registration is required. Click here to register. Please contact Stephanie Speranza at (631) 650-2312 if you have any questions. Click here to view the workshop flyer.