Date: September 17, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
Speaker(s) name & organization: Jennifer Grudnowski, Esq., Pro Bono Partnership
In April, New York enacted a new paid sick leave law that will require nearly all New York employers, including nonprofits, to provide employees paid or unpaid sick leave. The law goes into effect on January 1, 2021, but employees can start to accrue sick leave time beginning September 30, 2020. Please join Pro Bono Partnership as we discuss some of the important elements of this new law.
You Will Learn
- The amount of sick time an employer is required to provide under the law;
- Whether the sick leave time must be paid;
- The covered reasons for taking sick leave;
- How sick leave time is accrued; and
- The interplay between this new law and existing sick leave laws and policies.
Jennifer Grudnowski, Esq., Senior Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
Please register using the form below.
Each registered attendee will receive a recording of the webinar after the webinar is completed. Webinar information will be sent to the email address provided during registration prior to September 17. Please do not hit back or refresh during the registration process. Please contact Kate Marchese at 973-240-6955 ext. 301 before resubmitting a registration if you receive an error message.