Date: September 18, 2017
Time: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM ET
Location: Verizon World Headquarters, One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Speaker(s) name & organization: See below.
This program is 14-hours long and will take place on Monday, September 18 and Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
Topics Will Include
- Risk Management
- Discrimination & Harassment Prevention
- Hiring Process
- Wage-Hour & Benefits Minefield
- Leaves Of Absence
- Performance Management, Discipline & Terminations
- Reductions in Force
- Investigation How-To
- Monitoring, Personnel Records & Confidentiality
- Employee Handbooks
- Required Posters
This intensive program is designed for
(1) Nonprofit managers who are responsible for the Human Resources function but who haven’t had significant experience with HR issues;
(2) Human Resources professionals who want to update their knowledge from a holistic perspective and learn about recent legal developments; and
(3) In-house lawyers who want to develop a working knowledge of the basics of employment law as applied in real-life nonprofit workplaces.
The HR Boot Camp has been approved for 14 hours of HRCI credit and SHRM credit.
Christine Michelle Duffy, Esq., Senior Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
Jonathan Ramsfelder, Esq., Verizon Wireless
This boot camp is presented by
Registration closes end of business August 31, 2017 or once we reach capacity for the venue. The registration fee is nonrefundable. If you receive an error message, please contact Kate Marchese, at (973) 240-6955 ext. 301, prior to attempting to re-register. Please do not hit the back button or refresh the page after you have submitted your registration.
If you are a Pro Bono Partnership volunteer lawyer and would like to attend, please do not register online. Instead, please contact Kate directly.