Date: February 14, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
Speaker(s) name & organization: Priya S. Morganstern, Esq.
Misuse of charitable funds. Deceptive fundraising practices. Conflicts of interest. Public trust in nonprofit organizations is crucial for the survival and sustainability of the sector. But when a nonprofit scandal becomes front-page news, it tarnishes the image of the entire nonprofit community. More than ever, nonprofits are expected to demonstrate that they operate with integrity and are using charitable funds appropriately.
This webinar will discuss applicable laws and best practices to promote a culture of ethical and legal compliance in your organization. Nonprofit board members and executive staff will benefit from attending.
Topics Will Include
- The “ethical hotspots” – where do many nonprofits get into trouble?
- The key state and federal regulations related to accountability, including disclosure and reporting obligations
- The role of the board in establishing an ethical culture
- The essential governance policies that foster accountability
- Other recommended best practices to promote an environment of integrity
Priya S. Morganstern, Esq., Connecticut Program Director, Pro Bono Partnership
Registration closes Monday, February 11. Webinar information will be emailed to the email address provided during registration prior to February 14. The registration fee is nonrefundable. Please do not hit back or refresh during the registration process. Please contact Kate Marchese at (973) 240-6955 ext. 301 before resubmitting a registration if you receive an error message.