Date: November 20, 2019
Time: 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM ET
Location: Hartford Public Library, 500 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103
Speaker(s) name & organization: Priya S. Morganstern, Esq.
This workshop (part of the Hartford Public Library’s Nonprofit Workshop Series*) will discuss best practices in the areas of transparency, accountability, and ethics, and how we can best operate our nonprofits in a trustworthy way.
Topics will include
- Applicable state and federal rules that promote accountability, including disclosure and reporting obligations
- Organizational policies, such as conflict of interest and whistleblower policies, that foster accountability
- The role of the board
- Other recommended practices to foster an environment of integrity
- Nonprofit oversight and watch-dog agencies
Priya Morganstern, Esq., Connecticut Program Director, Pro Bono Partnership
Free! All workshops are offered at no cost to participants through a partnership between Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and Hartford Public Library.
Participants must register in advance! To register email your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 860-695-6320 two weeks prior to the event.
Hartford Public Library, 500 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103.
Nonprofit Workshop Series Fall 2019*
Ethics and Accountability for Nonprofits is one of several workshops offered by Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and Hartford Public Library this fall. Other topics include:
- How to Get a Grant and What to Do Next (October 18)
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) 101 for Nonprofit Boards (November 7)
- Mission Impossible: How to Start and Grow a Thriving Nonprofit (November 13)