Date: August 18, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM ET
Speaker(s) name & organization: Please see below.
Every nonprofit, regardless of its size, collects, stores, and uses data. But many organizations struggle with developing and maintaining strong data security practices and policies. To function during the pandemic, many organizations are relying on a remote workforce and may be serving clients remotely. Assessing data risks and implementing security measures can help organizations minimize the likelihood and severity of cyber-attacks and data breaches. Whether you’re just starting to think about data privacy for the first time, or want an update on current best practices, this is a can’t-miss webinar! Our speakers will discuss your legal obligations and risk and provide practical guidance.
- Cybersecurity: What is it? Who wants your data, and why? Methods to protect your organizational and personal information
- Review of applicable cybersecurity law such as SHIELD Act, CCPA, HIPAA, and breach notification rules
- The role of the Board with cybersecurity issues
- Cybersecurity breaches – a cautionary tale, and what to do if you experience a breach
- Determining and managing cybersecurity risk
This webinar is free for Nonprofit Westchester members; $20 for non-members.
Andrew T. Garbarino, Esq., Of Counsel, Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C.
Dennis O’Connell, Director of Security, Custom Computer Specialists, Inc.