Date: January 29, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
Speaker(s) name & organization: Please see below.
DON’T SIGN THAT CONTRACT YET! Nonprofits enter into a wide variety of contracts – with funders, vendors, service providers, landlords, other nonprofits, and many others. While each contract is different, there are core concepts that are similar for all contracts. Learn what your organization should consider before signing a contract and how to avoid risk during this webinar.
Topics Will Include
- How an organization’s legal and non-legal teams can work together to negotiate a contract
- Using Term Sheets, Letters of Authorization, and Memorandums of Understanding
- Binding and nonbinding contracts
- The “pre-legal” phase – discussing business terms before bringing in the lawyers
- Contract pitfalls – where do organizations often go wrong?
- Who in your organization can approve a contract?
Kevin Hill, Esq., Senior Counsel, IBM
Gabriel Daniel, Esq., Principal, Intelletek Law Group PLLC
Register below. Each registered attendee will receive a recording of this webinar after the webinar is completed.
Webinar information will be emailed to the email address provided during registration prior to January 29. The registration fee is nonrefundable. Please do not hit back or refresh during the registration process. Please contact Kate Marchese at (973) 240-6955 ext. 301 before resubmitting a registration if you receive an error message.