Date: August 11, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
Speaker(s) name & organization: Maurice K. Segall, Esq., Pro Bono Partnership
To say that these are interesting political times would be an understatement! Many NY nonprofits are more motivated to take action and create change to best serve their clients and communities. What can your organization do to achieve those changes as it relates to new laws, regulations, or political leaders? Know the rules so you can maximize your impact.
- The important distinctions between lobbying, electoral activities, and political campaign activity
- How much lobbying is permissible
- An overview of the rules for Lobbying registration and reporting in NYS
- What constitutes forbidden political campaign activity
- Types of election-related activities your organization can engage in
This webinar is free for Nonprofit Westchester members; $20 for non-members.
Maurice K. Segall, Esq., New York and Fairfield County, CT Program Director, Pro Bono Partnership