Updated October 5, 2020 *REFRESH PAGE FOR NEWEST UPDATES*
Please note information is rapidly changing and you should consult with your Pro Bono Partnership lawyer before relying on this guidance to make critical decisions.
For the latest Pro Bono Partnership Legal Alerts, please click here.
Reopening the Workplace
- Shearman & Sterling’s Guide to the Evolving Workplace
- Connecticut Business Reopening and Recovery Center
- New Jersey Center for Non-Profits’ Best Practices and Considerations for Nonprofit Reopening
- Fisher Phillips’ Post-Pandemic Back-To-Business FAQs For Employers
- Getting Back to Work in the Coronavirus World: What Is the New ‘Business as Usual’?
Information for Nonprofits and Community Organizations
- National Council of Nonprofits
- Paul, Weiss’ Coronavirus (COVID-19) Relief Center
- Bridgespan COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources for Nonprofits and Funders
- The CARES Act: Financial Relief for Nonprofits
State – Connecticut
- Child Care Providers: How to Minimize Liability Related to COVID-19
- Virtual Nonprofit Members’ Meetings Permitted
- State of Connecticut
- Comprehensive FAQs
- The Alliance COVID-19 Response Resource Center
State – New Jersey
- State of New Jersey
- The Center for Non-Profits Resources for Non-Profits in Response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
- Jackson Lewis COVID-19 NJ Resource Guide
State – New York
- Reopening Safety Plan Template
- State of New York
- NY Forward—Reopening New York
- New York State Charities Bureau
- New York Attorney General Guidance Virtual Membership for Nonprofits
- COVID-19 Waivers (pre-recorded webinar)
- COVID-19 Contract Considerations: What Your Nonprofit Needs to Know About Commercial Contracts and Leases During the Pandemic (pre-recorded webinar)
- Contract Considerations for Nonprofits During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Paycheck Protection Program
- Tackling Legal and Human Resources Issues Under COVID-19 (pre-recorded webinar)
- FAQ on Asking Employees to Sign Liability Waiver
- The SECURE Act, the CARES Act and COVID-19: Recent Changes Affecting Nonprofit Retirement Plans (pre-recorded webinar)
- The Jackson Lewis COVID-19 Advisor helps assess and manage the impact of COVID-19 on your business and employees by aggregating various laws, rules, and regulations by state.
- Morgan Lewis’ Updated Form I-9: Revised Employer Handbook and Relaxed Document Requirements
- Fisher Phillips’ Comprehensive And Updated FAQs For Employers On The COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Ogletree Deakins’ COVID-19: FAQs on Federal Labor and Employment Laws
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Coronavirus Resources
Community Foundations/Special Relief Funds
As nonprofit organizations rally to navigate this unprecedented public health crisis, large funders across the tri-state area have mobilized to make COVID response funds available. These lists are not necessarily comprehensive, but will give an idea of what is out there.
Please Note: These resources are provided as a general informational service to volunteers, clients, and friends of Pro Bono Partnership. They should not be construed as, and do not constitute, legal advice on any specific matter, nor does distribution of this document create an attorney-client relationship.