Updated May 28, 2020 *REFRESH PAGE FOR NEWEST UPDATES*
Please note information is rapidly changing and you should consult with your Pro Bono Partnership lawyer before relying on this guidance to make critical decisions.
For the latest Pro Bono Partnership Legal Alerts, please click here.
- COVID-19 Contract Considerations: What Your Nonprofit Needs to Know About Commercial Contracts and Leases During the Pandemic
- Getting Back to Work: Considerations for Returning to the Workplace After COVID-19 Shut Downs (pre-recorded)
- The SECURE Act, the CARES Act and COVID-19: Recent Changes Affecting Nonprofit Retirement Plans (pre-recorded)
Information for Nonprofits and Community Organizations
- National Council of Nonprofits
- Paul, Weiss’ Coronavirus (COVID-19) Relief Center
- Bridgespan COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources for Nonprofits and Funders
- The CARES Act: Financial Relief for Nonprofits
State – Connecticut
- Virtual Nonprofit Members’ Meetings Permitted
- State of Connecticut
- Comprehensive FAQs
- The Alliance COVID-19 Response Resource Center
- New Rules Regarding Face Masks
State – New Jersey
- State of New Jersey
- The Center for Non-Profits Resources for Non-Profits in Response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
- Jackson Lewis COVID-19 NJ Resource Guide
State – New York
- Reopening Safety Plan Template
- State of New York
- New York State Health Foundation COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits and Community-Based Organizations
- New York State Charities Bureau
- New York Attorney General Guidance Virtual Membership for Nonprofits
Reopening the Workplace
- Fisher Phillips’ Post-Pandemic Back-To-Business FAQs For Employers
- Getting Back to Work in the Coronavirus World: What Is the New ‘Business as Usual’?
Paycheck Protection Program
- The Jackson Lewis COVID-19 Advisor helps assess and manage the impact of COVID-19 on your business and employees by aggregating various laws, rules, and regulations by state.
- Morgan Lewis’ Updated Form I-9: Revised Employer Handbook and Relaxed Document Requirements
- Fisher Phillips’ Comprehensive And Updated FAQs For Employers On The COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Ogletree Deakins’ COVID-19: FAQs on Federal Labor and Employment Laws
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Coronavirus Resources
Community Foundations/Special Relief Funds
As nonprofit organizations rally to navigate this unprecedented public health crisis, large funders across the tri-state area have mobilized to make COVID response funds available. These lists are not necessarily comprehensive, but will give an idea of what is out there.
Please Note: These resources are provided as a general informational service to volunteers, clients, and friends of Pro Bono Partnership. They should not be construed as, and do not constitute, legal advice on any specific matter, nor does distribution of this document create an attorney-client relationship.