Our exceptional community of volunteer attorneys provides high-quality, pro bono, business and transactional legal assistance to our nonprofit clients in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. By volunteering to assist our clients your legal work has a multiplier effect of positively impacting the communities the clients serve.
You can use and develop your experience and skills to provide assistance on a wide variety of legal issues in the following practice areas:
- Bylaws Review
- Corporate Governance/Compliance
- Corporate Merger
- Employee Benefits
- Environmental/Land Use
- Incorporation/Tax Exemption
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Trusts and Estates
Our volunteer opportunities are uniquely tailored to suit the talents and needs of busy in-house counsel and law firm attorneys:
- Our matters are screened, discrete, manageable and generally not time sensitive.
- Every matter is coordinated by a Partnership staff attorney experienced in nonprofit law.
- We will provide model documents, review drafts and offer other support as needed.
- No minimum hours are required.
- We can reassign your matter to another attorney if you become overburdened.
- Where appropriate, we can pair counsel to work together.
- We furnish liability insurance coverage for all volunteer attorneys.
- Many of our projects are eligible for New York CLE credit or New Jersey Madden exemption.
See our current list of Volunteer Opportunities.Become a Volunteer
For more information about volunteering with Pro Bono Partnership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.