Pro Bono Partnership provides free business and transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations serving the disadvantaged or enhancing the quality of life in neighborhoods in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Substantially leveraging the impact of its in-house legal staff, the Partnership annually recruits and mobilizes hundreds of attorneys from major corporations and law firms to donate their time and expertise on behalf of its nonprofit clients, enhancing their ability to improve conditions in their communities.
Pro Bono Partnership seeks a full-time staff attorney to work in its Hartford, Connecticut office. This individual will work under the supervision of the Connecticut Program Director and serve nonprofits throughout Connecticut. Specific responsibilities include:
- Represent and advise nonprofit organizations on a wide variety of legal matters;
- Support and oversee matters placed with volunteer attorneys;
- Screen potential clients;
- Assist with client outreach activities and help to create strategic alliances in the nonprofit community;
- Assist with volunteer outreach efforts as needed;
- Assist with the creation of client alerts and publications on legal topics relevant to the nonprofit sector;
- Design and teach seminars on legal issues for nonprofits and volunteer attorneys;
- Assist with program administration; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the Connecticut Program Director, Legal Director, and/or the Executive Director.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dedicated, collaborative, and fun team delivering valuable services to the nonprofit sector.
Qualifications for this Position: Candidates should have a minimum of five years’ experience in corporate law, nonprofit law, or other business law discipline(s). Enthusiasm, initiative, and commitment to pro bono work and the nonprofit sector are required. Candidates must be admitted to practice in Connecticut. Prior experience in nonprofit management, pro bono management, or service on a nonprofit board are plusses.
Salary and Benefits: Low to mid $70s DOE. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and voluntary benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal days, and 403b plan.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications may be submitted via mail or email to:
Pro Bono Partnership
237 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 300
White Plains, NY 10605
Attention: Staff Attorney Search Committee
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Attorney Search” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Pro Bono Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.