Pro Bono Partnership (the Partnership) provides free business and transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations serving the disadvantaged or enhancing the quality of life in neighborhoods in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Substantially leveraging the impact of its in-house legal staff, the Partnership annually recruits and mobilizes hundreds of attorneys from major corporations and law firms to donate their time and expertise on behalf of its nonprofit clients, enhancing their ability to improve conditions in their communities. More information about Pro Bono Partnership can be found at www.probonopartner.org.
The Grant Manager manages a portfolio of foundation, corporate, and government grants in collaboration with the Director of Development.
Essential Job Functions
Donor Relations Support (70%)
- Oversee portfolio of renewals and prospects in collaboration with Director.
- Utilize Salesforce database and excel documents to track and meet grant deadlines.
- Draft, prepare, and submit grant proposals, reports, and letters via online portals or email
- Format budgets for submission
- Maintain electronic files of Development correspondence and materials related to grants
- Ensure donors are properly credited and listings are accurate on all materials
- Prepare PowerPoint slide decks, which require excel-generated charts and graphs
- Prepare formatted lists of clients, program participants, etc. for presentation
- Respond to donor requests when needed
Data Collection and Research (20%)
- Assist in the development, distribution, and analysis of annual client and volunteer surveys
- Produce reports and analyze program data from Salesforce database
- Conduct prospect research and prepare profiles.
General Development Support (10%)
- Serve as a backup to Development Coordinator (gift processing, acknowledgements, production of weekly donation report)
- Assist at special events and cultivation events (occasional evenings).
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with CRMs and ability to become proficient in Salesforce
- Understanding of best practices for grants management and prospect research
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, find opportunities and improve systems with a solutions-oriented mindset, flexibility, and optimism
- Sound judgment and the ability to exercise discretion with confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Team players with a sense of humor and exceptional work ethic encouraged to apply.
- Experience using Salesforce
- Successful track record as grant writer
How to Apply
Please send your resume, a writing sample and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include experience in Development and specific details on how you have used Excel and Salesforce or a comparable CRM.
Salary and Benefits
Low to mid $50s. Possibility of flexible work schedule. Excellent benefits include generous paid time off, medical, dental, 403b plan, flexible spending account.
Currently primarily remote, although office space is available in White Plains, NY. We anticipate staff will eventually have the option to work flexibly between home and office.