Pro Bono Partnership is seeking to hire a highly skilled and organized individual to provide support primarily to the Director of Development and Director of Finance and Administration. This position is located in the Partnership’s White Plains, New York office.
THE POSITION AND ITS PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Under the supervision of the Director Finance and Administration:
- Manage relationship with outside bookkeeper, under direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, to ensure the accuracy of all financial transactions entered in accounting system including proper coding and allocation of income and expenses;
- Assist in preparing financial reports and program statistics for internal and external constituencies;
- Assist with preparing for the annual audit;
- Scheduling and coordinating board meetings;
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as needed including, scheduling meetings, filing, etc.;
- Assist with troubleshooting issues that arise in connection with the Partnership’s facilities including its office space and technology;
- Track staff expenses and prepare monthly expense reports; • Maintain vendor and corporate files; and
- Provide assistance with other projects as required.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development:
- Assist with gift processing, acknowledgments, mailing lists and filing;
- Manage fundraising database (Raisers Edge), under direction of the Director of Development, to ensure that all pledges and donations are accurately entered into system, including proper coding and if necessary, future actions (i.e. funder deadlines);
- Prepare acknowledgement letters;
- Update database to ensure that accurate reports and mailing lists can be generated;
- Create and generate regular reports from database to track income on daily, weekly, annual basis, etc. for internal and external constituencies as needed;
- Stay up-to-date on software abilities and participate in training to utilize database to fullest capacity;
- Maintain physical and electronic Development files to insure ease of access;
- Assist with prospect research of institutional and individual donors;
- Assist at special events and cultivation events (occasional evenings); and
- Provide general administrative support for Development department.
This position offers the opportunity for plenty of hands-on work in a dynamic and growing organization. You should be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the Development Director and Director of Finance and Administration and proactively support these needs
- Experience maintaining the accuracy and integrity of database records
- Sense of humor, exceptional work ethic and a “do whatever it takes to accomplish the job” attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work with individuals of various skill sets and personalities
- Experience dealing with high level individuals
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects efficiently and accurately
- Comfort with financial data
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and highly motivated
- Must be willing and able to take on new challenges
- Tech savvy and quick learner with new software systems. Proficiency with MS Office suite, particularly Excel and mail merge functions in Word and databases required. Knowledge of Raisers Edge preferred and Salesforce a plus.
- Familiarity with nonprofit, community-based organizations
Salary: High 30s to low 40s DOE
Benefits: Medical, dental, 403b plan, flexible spending account, paid holidays and generous vacation.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position either via mail, fax or email (preferred):
Pro Bono Partnership 237 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 300 White Plains, NY 10605
Attention: Development/Finance Search Committee
Fax: 914 328-0538
Email: email@example.com – Please reference Development/Finance Search in the subject line
Cover letter and resume required. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered! No calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.