Pro Bono Partnership (PBP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping other nonprofits increase capacity by providing free legal services. Founded 22 years ago, PBP has a history of providing meaningful legal work for volunteer attorneys as well as helping nonprofits throughout CT, NJ, and NY to minimize risk and build a solid legal foundation. Headquartered in White Plains, NY, PBP has 21 employees in four offices in the region. Learn more at probonopartner.org.
Pro Bono Partnership is seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Administration to provide strategic leadership, reporting to the executive director (ED). The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager and will lead the organization’s finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT functions with the help of the on-staff Finance and Operations Assistant and external contractors.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to optimize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Financial Management (30%)
- Create regular, concise and timely financial reports and analyses in connection with the organization’s financial health and liquidity for senior management and the board of directors.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting process in conjunction with the ED.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of financial reports for all grant and contract revenue, ensuring compliance of PBP’s obligations.
- Manage relationships with outside bookkeeper, accountant, bank and investment company.
General Operations and Facilities Management (20%)
- Oversees all operational and facilities needs for all locations (four) to ensure efficient and consistent operations for all staff.
- Negotiate and manage all external vendor relationships, including, accounting, payroll, benefits, insurance, and technology providers.
- Maintains all corporate governance documents ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
Information Technology & Data Management (20%)
- Oversee and enhance PBP’s technology platform, ensuring the organization has reliable and secure hardware and systems in place.
- Manage external technology vendors as the internal main point of contact for technology issues.
- Work with staff and external consultant to optimize Salesforce CRM and ensure staff adoption and integration.
Human Resources (15%)
- Manage payroll, compensation, employee records, and benefits through our PEO partner.
- Conduct annual benefits review to ensure best cost to benefit ratio.
- Work closely with senior staff to recruit and onboard staff as needed.
- Coordinate the mid-year and annual performance management process.
- Maintain employee manual and other policy documents updated and in compliance with relevant local, state and federal requirements.
Organizational Leadership (15%)
- Work closely with the ED and senior management to identify and address organizational challenges in a timely, thoughtful, and effective manner.
- Provide effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of operational performance.
- Work closely with staff to create policy and procedures manuals for program administration and finance.
- Minimum of a BA, with an advanced degree or equivalent experience, with at least 10 years of overall professional experience in nonprofit financial and operations management.
- The ideal candidate has experience with nonprofit budgeting and reporting, and a proven track record in sound financial management and record keeping.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Experience overseeing human resources functions with an understanding of and commitment to delivering best practices in human resources activities.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organized delegator and multi-tasker who sets priorities and effectively monitors progress towards achievement.
- Dedication to working inclusively and collaboratively.
- Experience supervising and motivating staff and managing consultants.
- Personal qualities of integrity, accountability, and dedication to the PBP mission of strengthening nonprofits and improving communities with free legal services.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and Benefits: $85k-$95k annually depending on experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and voluntary benefits, 20 paid vacation days annually, paid holidays, paid sick and personal days, and 403b plan.
Interested applicants should submit cover letters and resumes by e-mail to email@example.com or by postal mail to: Pro Bono Partnership Search Committee, 237 Mamaroneck Avenue Suite 300, White Plains, NY 10605. No phone inquiries, please.