Pro Bono Partnership provides free business and transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations serving the disadvantaged or enhancing the quality of life in neighborhoods in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Substantially leveraging the impact of its in-house legal staff, the Partnership annually recruits and mobilizes hundreds of attorneys from major corporations and law firms to donate their time and expertise on behalf of its nonprofit clients, enhancing their ability to improve conditions in their communities.
Pro Bono Partnership seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in its White Plains, NY office. The Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the professional and executive staff in the Partnership’s White Plains, NY office. Responsibilities for the position are detailed below:
- Serve as receptionist for office including answering and routing telephone and email inquiries, addressing general questions and making referrals
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the Salesforce database
- Schedule meetings and conference calls
- Prepare correspondence
- Follow-up on, and close matters at the direction of Partnership attorneys
- Take minutes at meetings as needed
- Provide administrative support on special projects as required
- Manage filing systems including hard copy and electronic
- Other administrative and clerical activities as assigned.
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant or legal secretary required
- Experience with moderate to heavy volume data entry desired
- Experience supporting multiple staff members
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate professionally in writing and orally
- Strong people and customer service skills
- Excellent grammar and proof-reading skills
- Curiosity and an interest in understanding the overall program
- Solid Microsoft Office skills. Strong Word and Outlook skills a must. Excel and PowerPoint a plus.
The ideal candidate is able to work independently and with diverse constituencies, is highly organized, detail-oriented and self-directed. Quality computer and communications skills are essential. The position involves significant multi-tasking and interacting with a variety of constituencies.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is mid to high $30s DOE. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, 403b plan, flexible spending account, paid holidays, paid sick days, and 20 paid vacation days annually.
Preferred Application Method: Submit your resume and cover letter as one attachment by email to email@example.com. Please make sure you reference the position in the email header and include your first and last name.
Alternate Application Method: Mail to ATTENTION: Administrative Assistant Search, Pro Bono Partnership, Inc., 237 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 300, White Plains, NY 10605. No phone inquiries please. Pro Bono Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.