Pro Bono Coordinator — Full Time Position
(Temporarily Remote; Expected White Plains, NY or Parsippany, NJ Office)
Pro Bono Partnership provides free transactional legal services to nonprofits in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York. We are currently working remotely due to the pandemic; post-pandemic the Pro Bono Coordinator may split their time between home and either the Partnership’s White Plains, NY or Parsippany, NJ office, coordinating our pro bono legal services program throughout our service area. This is a unique opportunity to join a dedicated, collaborative team delivering valuable services to the nonprofit sector.
Working with the Partnership’s legal, marketing, and development staff, the Pro Bono Coordinator will:
- Recruit volunteer attorneys from law firms and in-house legal departments to assist the Partnership’s nonprofit clients;
- Place legal matters with volunteer attorneys;
- Assist with cultivating and managing the Partnership’s relationships with law firms and corporations;
- Assist with the coordination of volunteer recognition activities;
- Prepare statistical reports and help develop strategies to improve the Partnership’s pro bono program;
- Maintain and update volunteer information in the Partnership’s database;
- Assist with the administration of the Partnership’s Continuing Legal Education program; and
- Assist with other tasks as requested related to client work and outreach; volunteer outreach and recruitment; development; and administrative matters.
- Associates degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a careful attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proficiency with basic computer programs; experience with Salesforce or other CRM a plus;
- Ability to prioritize competing obligations and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector, a legal setting and/or customer service a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, self-motivated, with effective writing skills and excellent judgement.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is high $30s to low $40s, commensurate with experience and duties. Benefits include medical, dental, generous Paid Time Off, and 403b plan.
How to Apply: Submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Catherine Ganley at CGanley@probonopartner.org.